While our terraform website always shows the documentation for the latest version of Terraform and makes occasional references to older versions, sometimes you might run into a situation where the current documentation or example does not work for you because you're on an older version.
To assist you with finding the right documentation for the version you're currently on, here are steps you can follow to view it.
1. Navigate to https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform on your browser,
2. Click on the main branch drop down,
3. Click on the Tags section,
4. Scroll and select the Terraform version you're on. I'm using v0.13.3 as an example in this article.
5. On the resulting page, scroll down and click on the website folder,
6. On the resulting page, go towards the top right and click "Go to file",
7. Now search for the name of the topic you're looking for. You can use the existing names of the website's link for reference. For example, you can search for "providers.html" which will show you results for the providers.html.md markdown file that will render the equivalent of this link, but specifically for the terraform version you're on.