This article will provide guidance on how to make ownership changes for your HCP account. This process is sensitive and all steps below are required before ownership changes can be made.
- Must be requested by the current organization's non-SSO Owner user.
- Must have access to the current Owner email.
- Owner must sign in as non-SSO owner.
- Please use the force email+password link to login as your non-SSO user.
- Invite a new user via email and password method.
- SSO users are not permitted to become owners. Please see this guide which will walk you through how to disable SSO before adding a new email and password user.
- User must accept the invite before ownership changes can be requested.
- If the user exists as an email method already, skip to the next step.
- Contact HCP Support Engineering.
- Please open a HCP Support ticket requesting for an HCP account deletion.
- Select "HashiCorp Cloud Platform" as the product.
- Select "Account and User Management" as the HCP Category
- HCP Support Engineering will receive your request and process the ownership change.
- After the ownership change, the new Owner can re-configure SSO if desired.
For additional questions or support, please open a Support ticket.