When configuring SSO for HCP and attempting to verifying your domain(s) you may receive an error message stating "Not recognized as a verified TXT record."
This can be caused if the appropriate TXT record was not created or if it was incorrectly configured within your domain host.
- Add the TXT record to your domain host or edit the existing TXT record to match the expected format.
- You can validate whether you see a TXT entry for HCP using the dig or host command as seen below.
- The expectation is you should see a TXT record with a value which follows a format similar to hcp-domain-verification=c886c6010596fb39XXXX18bd80c77073b3584 when querying your domain's TXT records.
- When the domain successfully verifies, currently there is no output/message which is expected and normal.
- Once the domain is verified, you can continue with the rest of the SSO setup steps.
dig -t txt domain.com
host -t TXT domain.com