You may encounter the error below when either attempting to upgrade Terraform Enterprise (TFE), or executing
replicatedctl preflight run locally within the TFE server.
✗ ERROR: Get "https://registry.replicated.com/v2/": dial tcp 18.104.22.168:443: i/o timeout
- Can access registry registry.replicated.com
✗ ERROR: Get "https://index.docker.io/v2/": dial tcp 22.214.171.124:443: i/o timeout
- Can access registry index.docker.io
- There is a known issue within the Replicated application that causes the installation script to not successfully create the setting for HTTPS communication automatically with the proxy server address provided as the value for the
Note: Replicated is a third-party wrapper application that is used to deploy and manage the TFE application.
- Upgrade Replicated to the latest version using this article
- This bug was fixed in version Replicated version 2.54.0
Manually set the proxy configuration for HTTPS:
- SSH into your TFE instance
- Vim or nano into
/etc/sysconfig/replicated, depending on your Operating System
- Append the value for
systemctl restart replicated
- Verify that replicated has finished restarting by running this command until you see the value for Replicated and Retraced as ready:
watch replicatedctl system status
- Check that the variable was properly set by running
docker exec -it -u 0 replicated env
- If it applied successfully, attempt the upgrade or preflight check command again
If the proxy server is configured correctly, then you should see the previously errored checks pass successfully.