The Terraform Enterprise on-premise application is distributed and installed using Replicated. In order to receive the latest bug fixes and features, Replicated will need to be periodically upgraded to the latest version. Upgrading Replicated is a manual process that must be performed by the operator. The process for upgrading Replicated differs if your Terraform Enterprise installation is online or airgapped. Both processes are detailed below.
Note: For each of the following processes, the script will output a message to continue the installation at
https://<TFE HOSTNAME>:8800. For the purposes of updating Replicated, this step is not necessary.
- Connect to the Terraform Enterprise host using SSH.
- Download the latest installer script by running
curl -o install.sh https://install.terraform.io/ptfe/stable.
- Run the installer script as the superuser using
- From a machine with internet access, download the latest version of the Replicated airgap installer from https://install.terraform.io/airgap/latest.tar.gz.
- Move the downloaded file to the Terraform Enterprise host.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file using
tar -zxf replicated.tar.gz.
- Run the installer command as the superuser using
sudo ./install.sh airgap.