Starting with the Terraform Enterprise v202202-1 release and Terraform Cloud, enforcement of valid workspace tag names has been added. Tags must now start and end with alphanumeric characters. If a workspace has invalid tags that were created prior to this release and a run is started, the workspace run will stay in a pending state until the invalid tag is removed.
Tag name restrictions: to include letters, numbers, colons, hyphens, and underscores;
and must begin and end with an alphanumeric character
- Check the existence of an invalid tag within a workspace similar to this location
https://app.terraform.io/app/$organizationname/workspaces/$workspace-nameand to the far right of the page, there is a
Tagsection about midway down.
- Verify the existence of
the invalid tagand if so delete the tag by clicking on the
xnear the name.
- The pending run should change its state and process once the invalid tag is removed
- If the state doesn't change, cancel the run and queue another run
- To remove any invalid tags from the entire Terraform Enterprise or Terraform Cloud organization proceed to
https://app.terraform.io/app/$organizationname/settings/tagsfor Tag Management.
- For additional assistance please contact HashiCorp Support to request additional assistance.