Users who created their Terraform Cloud (TFC) account using Single Sign-On (SSO) may encounter issues if they no longer have access to their TFC account password.
This guide is applicable to users who have created their Terraform Cloud account using SSO.
As an added security measure, step-up authentication is now required when accessing certain areas of your Terraform Cloud (TFC) account, such as user settings, other organizations configured with SSO using a different SAML identity provider (idP), and organizations where SSO is not configured. Users may encounter the inability to access those features if they do not have access to their TFC account password and are unable to complete the password reset process.
- Log out of Terraform Cloud by clicking on this link.
- Request a new password reset link by clicking on this link.
If the email address associated with your account is valid, you should receive a password reset link from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive the email, please try the following:
- Check your Spam folder.
- If you are using Microsoft Email services, refer to this KB article for more information.
- Check your business email quarantine zone.
- If you are using a business-managed email domain, contact your IT/helpdesk department for further assistance.
If you are still unable to receive a password reset link via email, please capture screenshots of any applicable errors and provide them to HashiCorp Support for further investigation.
After resetting your password, you should be able to access your Terraform Cloud accounts secured resources.