- Apple MacBook Pro (Intel, M1, or M2 chip)
- IPv6 Name Server with link-local address (fe80::*)
- Attempt to resolve host via IPv6
When executing Terraform commands, the runs are significantly slow, they hang, or timeout. Some users report network application freezing.
In system settings, disable IPv6. Then reboot to restore network connectivity.
- Terraform Core Engineering team is tracking the issue (https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/issues/31467) and intend to fix in the next patch release assuming the upstream Go issue is resolved.
- Upstream Go issue https://github.com/golang/go/issues/52839