The overview of the workflow attempted consisted of:
- Confirmed access of the provider binaries, public GPG signing key
- Created the gpg key-id and add it to the registry
- Create the provider version which is constructing the endpoints to load the configurations versions
In step three is where the error was received by running the API to create the provider version.
The Private Registry provider must exist before you can create the provider version. The API for creating the provider version will not know where to compose the endpoint for the archivist upload URL. The subsequent error is acknowledging not being able to find the provider because it doesn't exist or the name could be wrong
The private registry provider needs to be created and exist in Terraform Cloud private registry before you can create the provider version. The overview of the workflow would consist of the following.
- Create the private registry provider using this create provider API.
- Create the version and platform following the steps under the create a version and platform documentation.
Following the correct order will successfully publish a private module within the Private Module Registry.
- For additional assistance please contact HashiCorp Support to request additional assistance.