Right after creating a Terraform Cloud account, a user needs to create a Terraform Cloud organization in order to benefit from all the features Terraform Cloud provide (creating workspaces, setup VCS connections, managing state files, executing runs, etc).
Sometimes Terraform Cloud users report that they are unable to create a new Terraform Cloud organization.
They can get the following message:
"Join an Existing Team. Send your username to your Terraform admin"
This happens when the newly created Terraform Cloud account is not fully set up - the e-mail verification hasn't been completed yet.
1. Check your mailbox for e-mail from Sender: Terraform Cloud <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Subject: [Terraform Cloud] Confirm your email address.
2. Confirm your e-mail from the URL sent in the e-mail.
3. If the verification link has expired and is no longer valid, open Terraform Cloud and use the Resend Confirmation Link button in order to generate a new link
4. If you don't find such an e-mail in your mailbox please check in your mailbox Spam/Junk folder.
5. If you cannot find the confirmation e-mail in Spam/Junk folders, check this article: Terraform Cloud Account Confirmation / Invitation email Not Received
If you are still not able to solve your issue, please reach out Terraform Cloud support at
email@example.com or submit a ticket via our support portal.