An alternative way to invite a user to an organization within Terraform Enterprise without the use of sending an email notification verification link to the user's email.
Here is the workflow to invite a user to an organization without having to send the invitation through an email notification for access verification.
1. As the organization owner and the TFE admin, turn off email notifications from this location: https://TFEServer/app/admin/smtp.
2. Uncheck the box labeled Enable email sending with SMTP.
3. Have your user create an account by visiting the URL : https://TFEServer/signup/account. During the user creation process - email would be requested - save this email for future use.
Note - next step should be done under ORGANIZATION level settings, not on site-wide admin settings. E.g. you are going to invite the user to a specific organization only.
4. Login back to TFE as the organization admin. Within the Organization/settings/Users click button Invite user.
5. Even though email sending doesn't work, the email address still would be used as an identifier. Insert the saved email address from step 3 in the email field and click invite user.
6. Now on the User's next login - the person has the option to accept the invite to the organization without having to get an email.
- For additional assistance please contact HashiCorp Support to request additional assistance.