What Ingress/Egress Network configurations are required for Terraform Enterprise
The Linux instance that runs Terraform Enterprise needs to allow several kinds of incoming network access. Terraform Enterprise also needs to access several external services to handle updates and resource downloads.
Specific Ingress/Egress configurations
- 22: To access the instance via SSH from your computer. SSH access to the instance is required for administration and debugging.
- 80: To access the Terraform Cloud application via HTTP. This port redirects to port 443 for HTTPS.
- 443: To access the Terraform Cloud appplication via HTTPS.
- 8800: To access the installer dashboard.
- 9870-9880 (inclusive): For internal communication on the host and its subnet; not publicly accessible.
- 23000-23100 (inclusive): For internal communication on the host and its subnet; not publicly accessible.
If Terraform Enterprise is installed in online mode, it accesses the following hostnames to get software updates:
- Airgapped installs do not check for updates over the network.
Additionally, the following hostnames are accessed unless a custom Terraform bundle is supplied:
- registry.terraform.io (when using Terraform 0.12 and later)
- When Cost Estimation is enabled, it uses the respective cloud provider’s APIs to get up-to-date pricing info.
Additional details, and fringe cases, regarding the network requirements can be seen here: https://www.terraform.io/docs/enterprise/before-installing/network-requirements.html