In an Active/Active Terraform Enterprise Installation the Replicated UI is disabled. This removes the capability to download the support bundle. This guide is on how to generate and extract a support bundle on an Active/Active install.
- Permissions to access the Terraform Enterprise instance object store
For Active/Active installs, once the support bundles are generated from the Terraform Enterprise instance they will be uploaded to the same object store bucket (such as an S3 bucket) that is used to store Terraform state files. The support bundles for a specific run of the admin command will all be uploaded to a directory with the same JobID, which is a timestamp in RFC3339 format.
- Connect to the TFE instance with a protocol such as ssh and run the following command to generate a support bundle: tfe-admin support-bundle
- Here is a sample path where to download the support bundle from an S3 bucket after it has been generated <$s3bucketname/support-bundles/<date>/<node-ip>.
- If unknown the object store bucket can be retrieved from the TFE instance by accessing the instance using a connection such as ssh and running: replicatedctl app-config export
- Example Upload Structure
│ └── replicated-support702524260.tar.gz
Note: In the event, there's an issue uploading to the S3 bucket the generated bundle is also located on the TFE instance in the
- For additional information on Support bundles please visit https://www.terraform.io/enterprise/admin/infrastructure/admin-cli#support-bundle
- To request additional assistance please contact HashiCorp Support