Vault is shipped with internal documentation generated in accordance to OpenAPI specs (aka Swagger).
The OpenAPI Docs provide for a panel view into the available API methods with some examples which can be accessed via Vault-UI console using the keyword api.
Follow the steps outlined below to access the panel to obtain an example KV secrets read / write :
- Login to vault UI using credentials which has appropriate policies to write KV secrets
- Open WebUI console from top right corner of screen
- Type "api" in cli to open api endpoint explorer window
- Open the endpoint for writing secrets , put in the desired path and values as below
- Once executed we should get a code 200 OK response
- You can read the KV values at that path using below endpoint and supplying correct path