- When making an IP address change on the Terraform Enterprise instance server, the new IP within Replicated needs to also be updated so the Terraform Enterprise application will be operable.
- Moving or migrating Terraform Enterprise to another VPC. VPC migrations could prevent Terraform Enterprise from not starting properly after the IP address change.
- Within the new VPC ensure the Postgres database and S3 locations are accessible to the TFE new location If the TFE is an external install.
- Verify the networks are opened similar to the original VPC or according to this TFE network requirements article.
The workflow requires changing the IP addresses where applicable within the Replicated operator files for parameters PRIVATE_ADDRESS, DAEMON_HOST, and PUBLIC_ADDRESS and then restarting the Replicated services. The two files needing modifications are replicated and replicated-operator and depending on the OS both files will exist in /etc/sysconfig.
On systemd based systems (which includes RHEL, CentOS, and later versions of Ubuntu among others), these files will exist in /etc/sysconfig/replicated and /etc/sysconfig/replicated-operator.
Here are the steps, ssh to the TFE instance Server:
- Update the PRIVATE_ADDRESS parameters in /etc/sysconfig/replicated with the new IP address.
- Update the PRIVATE_ADDRESS, DAEMON_HOST, and PUBLIC_ADDRESS parameters in /etc/sysconfig/replicated-operator with the new IP address.
- Verify if docker is running
systemctl status docker; If it's not running start docker
systemctl start dockerand check the status
systemctl status docker.
systemctl restart replicated replicated-operatorto pick up the IP changes.
systemctl status replicated(to ensure the service starts)
systemctl status replicated-operator(to verify the service starts)
- Try and access the Terraform Enterprise GUI
If issues persist after completing the steps outlined in this guide, please contact HashiCorp Support to request further assistance.
The IP address change is fully supported by Replicated and tested in-house by HashiCorp Support, please see the How to Handle IP Change article for more information.